Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Campbell Birth Story

Nate & I went out for our sixth anniversary which is on Dec 3rd. We did some shopping and then went out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse. When we got to the restaurant I was feeling sick to my stomach. I only had a few bites of my dinner and Nate hurried to finish his meal. We headed home because I wasn’t feeling very well.


That night from 11pm to 2am I started having really bad diarrhea. I didn’t think much of it except that I was probably just getting a stomach bug. At 2:15 I had a really bad stomach cramp and then “pop”. My water broke! Nate had fallen asleep on the couch since I wasn’t feeling good. I ran in and told him that my water had broken. He hurried and put Rem in the car. As we were driving to the hospital I started throwing up. I walked into the ER with throw up on my shirt and wet pants. I was quite a sight to see.

I told the people at the ER that I was 35 weeks and that my water had broke. Once I got changed into a hospital gown they checked me. I was 3 ½ cm dilated, completely effaced, and his head was right there. Right then is when I started to freak out because I was worried that the baby was coming too quickly. My OB told us it would be best if I was transferred to a different hospital that had a NICU. So my OB didn’t even deliver me. They sent me by ambulance (my first ride ever in one) to another hospital 20 minutes away. In the ambulance my contractions were 2 ½ minutes apart.

Once I got to the other hospital I was dilated to an 8! At an 8 I was feeling like I needed to push. I was so scared that he was coming! I was telling everyone to hurry because I NEEDED my c-section. By the time I was prepped for surgery I had reached 9 cm.

Campbell Allen was born on December 4th at 4:35 am. He was 4 lbs 14 oz and 17.5 inches. He is currently in the NICU and will be there for a few weeks.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow Jenni, how scary. Glad he's OK now. Hoping for a speedy recovery for both of you.

FitNotQuitJess said...

Oh wow, what a story! I'm glad everything is fine though, he'll get strong in no time. You'll all be in my prayers.

Stephanie said...

I am sure that was all very scary for you my daughter was 35 weeks and she is a happy healthy 2 year old now!!! Your family is in my prayers

whitney said...

Goodness, what a crazy story! I'm so glad he arrived safe and sound! Congrats again!

Kat M said...

I'm so glad he is ok and that you made it with the csection in time. What an adventure. How is he doing now?
-Kat (Sankat)

Megan said...

About halfway through your birth story I was crying with tears streaming down my face, because I love you so much and I'm so proud of you and just love your little family. LIfe is so hard but you are so smart and just keep going and you always find a way to keep going. Congratulations on your little baby boy. I love you so much!