
It is official! Today I registered us (Nate & I) for the Utah Valley Half Marathon. Definitely no turning back now. I figured out that as long as we start training by the middle of March, we should be ready by June 12th. I will be following the Hal Higdon training plan.
If any of my fellow runners read this post, I have so many questions about training for this distance. How much water should I drink during the race? How often should I take gel (like hammer)? Do you actually sleep the night before? LOL! Especially since buses will be taking people to the start between 3:30-4:30 in the morning. WOW! Do you actually have the energy to run on such little sleep? What would you recommend eating for breakfast? Overall, what should I expect from a half marathon?
I'm sure I'm leaving some questions out, but basically how do I prepare for a half marathon? Any insights or pointers would be great?!?
6 years ago



2 comments:
I am still learning the fuel part of running. I did read that most runners have anxiety and don't sleep well the night before a race. As long as you are sleeping well for weeks before the race, the one night shouldn't affect you too much. I have found training for a half marathon to be fun and challenging at the same time. Remember to take everything one step at a time. Make it a goal to just finish and enjoy. Good Luck!
Wow! That is exciting!
Post a Comment