Monday, April 12, 2010

Kitty, stitches, and maybe a broken nose?

Today has been an interesting day by far. I had to go to the doctor today cause my thyroid numbers were WAY off. I ended up needing to get a new prescription. I took Rem in with me to get my prescription because he needed to use the potty & Nate had to make some work phone calls.

Once we were in the pharmacy they told me it would take a few minutes for my prescription to be ready. So I tried to get Rem to use the potty. He wouldn't go near it. We went right back out into the store portion and Rem found this stuffed kitty he wanted. I told him, if you go potty I will buy that kitty for you. He used the potty. Then ran right towards the kitty which was right next to a wooden book shelf. As he was running, he trip over his own feet and fell right into the wooden book shelf. I picked him up and it looked like to me that I could see to the bone of his nose. The pharmacy tech was so nice and helped me clean him up. We tried putting a band-aid on his nose but he would just rip it off.

After I paid for my prescription drugs & Rems kitty (that Rem had hurt his nose for...LOL), we went out to the car to tell Nate what had happened and to figure out what to do next. We tried deciding between an ER or his pediatrician. In the end, we decided to try to make it to the pediatrician. We called and they told us if we can get him before 1pm they would see him, if not, he would have to wait until 2pm after their lunch break. We got there at 12:55 and they STILL saw him. I was so happy!

When the doctor saw Rem, he was surprised on how bad it looked. After looking it over & cleaning the blood off his nose the doctor said he needed two stitches. Then he said, he could "possibly" have a broken nose. The sad part is the had to wrap Rem up like a burrito so they could numb & stitch him up. While they were prepping Rem, Nate (of all people) started feeling sick. This is the guy that watched me get a c/s NO problem. Nate had to leave the room while the stitched up Rem. I stayed by Rems side, even though, he would rather have Daddy there. I did not get sick (GO ME). Rem screamed pretty much the whole time. Poor guy! :(

We go back on Friday to see the Ear, Nose, & Throat doctor to see if he actually has a broken nose or not. Depending on how broken it is, he *may* need surgery, but we will see.

The funny thing is all of this was because of that STUFFED CAT! LOL!

Here are some pictures we took after we got home from the doctors. I took some at the doctors office but they are on my phone and I have NO idea how to get them off!

8 comments:

Heavenly said...

Ouch...poor kid.

LOL about Nate--we moms are tougher than we look when it comes to doctor's office procedures. ;)

Thora said...

Oh wow!
Poor kiddo. I keep doing the owie version of the heebiejeebie dance just looking at it!
I've had kids burrito style for procedures before, not fun but neccesary.
Go you!

whitney said...

Oh no! Poor little bug!

Anna said...

Poor little guy...how's he doing?

Adi said...

Poor little guy! I hope that his nose isn't broken and that he gets better fast! ^_^

Lauren C. said...

Oh my gosh, poor guy!! I hope that gets healed soon!

Amy said...

Poor kid! He really looks like you in that picture of him laying down and smiling. : )So sweet.

Unknown said...

Owie, poor guy! At least he's still smiling :-)