Monday, October 26, 2009

AF 5K Halloween fun run!

On Saturday, I ran my first 5K. All day I was SuPeR DuPeR nervous. Once I got running, I started feeling better about everything. Some of my fears was "what if I get lost" or "what if I'm the very last one to finish the race". None of those happened. I ran with in my goal even though I ended up getting the flu early that week & didn't get to train at all. Nate & my good friend Megan ran as well.

My finishing time was 45 minutes & 17.5 seconds. That was around what I expected since I do a 15 minute mile. Nate finished with 33 minutes & 32.5 seconds. GO NATE!

Here are some pictures from the race. It was so much fun! We plan on running another 5K in two weeks!!!!!

The whole gang...

Thumbs up
Nate & I
Megan & I
All of us pretended to start the race


Waiting for the race to start... ( I can't believe how long my hair is!!!!)


Nate giving a thumbs up while running...


I ran with this girl for a good 15 minutes.


Just as I was coming to the finish-line. Yay!

3 comments:

Janice and Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! You achieved a goal that I have always wanted to do. Good for you. Sign on up for that next race.

Kaylene said...

Awesome, congrats!

Lissa said...

yeah for you!!