Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas (kind of)

I had so many plans for this Christmas.  I was going to make some cute stuff off of pinterest, bake some yummy desserts, and just make the holiday super fun for our boys (especially Remington).  Then I got pregnant.  Which I welcomed...but I wasn't able to do all the things I wanted to do because I was sick and tired.  Now I'm not pregnant and I feel like all those weeks were wasted.

I feel bad for Nate too.  He took some vacation time during the holidays and now he has to help a recovering wife.  Basically he has to step in and be the mom for a week since I can't pick up Campbell.

We did have a very good Christmas.  We enjoyed spending time with family.  I loved watching the boys open their presents.  I am grateful for all the blessings we have in our lives.  I couldn't help but be sad about the one thing missing.

I had to refocus many times to keep myself from breaking into tears.  I reminded myself of last Christmas when we got to bring home our NICU baby.  Our sweet baby Campbell.  I love him so much.  I love Rem too.  I am so grateful my boys and wonderful husband because this is definitely a hard time for me.

Even though this blog post seems like such a depressing one.  It really was a wonderful Christmas.  I just had moments of sadness which I'm sure I'll be having for awhile.

2 comments:

Amy said...

My heart breaks for you. I'm so so sorry. But so glad (like you) for your beautiful family. Hang in there. ((hugs))

FitNotQuitJess said...

It'll take time...I'm glad you had a great Christmas though.