Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thomas the Train

We have tried so hard to keep Rem away from Thomas the Train stuff since the Thomas trains are more expensive then toy cars. Lately, he has been liking the one train that he does have. So I decided I should put some Thomas episodes on our DVR so Rem could watch them every now and then. Boy, was I wrong! Now Rem will hand us the remote and say "train". I think he is addicted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... that's a bad thing for a kid to get obsessed with! So expensive! I detest that show so we do not watch it at all. My nephew was addicted to it for a few years and then come to find out it's because he has an Autism Spectrum disease that it appealed to him so much. I guess a train obsession is one of the criteria. Strange, huh?

FitNotQuitJess said...

Jerimiah asks for "Choo Choo" all day sometimes. Thomas is expensive but all it really takes is ONE toy and they're good to go. I was lucky and found really cheap Thomas, Percy & Salty bath sqirters for like $5 (for all three). I just don't let him have them in the bath.

Look around and you can find some cheap stuff. Thomas is a good show though.

Kelli said...

Mathew LOVES Thomas too. He loves any train though, it doesn't have to be Thomas. They are expensive, but I am just giving him a little at a time. I gave him one engine for Christmas, and my mom gave him two engines for Christmas. And then Christian got a $14 track set for his birthday. So we have a small start. And it is enough for mathew for now. He loves it!

Megan said...

Rem is so great! I loved the video of him saying pepsi! How are you guys? i thought of you today when i was writing on my blog. i'm not sure why....i think i was just thinking about how much things have changed and so fast...so just memories! I love you! Sorry i haven't kept in touch very good!

whitney said...

I'm a big, big fan of the IKEA train sets. Also, target has pretty cheap train stuff too. They all fit Thomas trains too. We basically just bought a couple used Thomas trains off Ebay (used) and then got the rest from IKEA.

Jenni said...

Yeah we actually saw the train set at IKEA yesterday. We are gonna keep that in mind for his birthday in November. I never thought of getting Thomas trains used though. What a great idea.