On April 8th I started having pain in my leg. I thought it was because of being on bed rest for the past five weeks. Nate kept on telling me to call the doctor. April 10th I could hardly walk on it. So I called the doctor and was able to get in. I didn't have any of the typical symptoms of having a blood clot other then the pain. I had no swelling, redness, or warmer skin in that area.
The doctor didn't seem concerned. As a precaution though they sent me down to radiology to have my legs ultrasound. It hurt really bad in my left leg. I was told to wait in the waiting room until the radiologist reviewed the results. The doctor called me and said they'd be admitting me cause they found a DVT in my leg.
I was admitted and was told I would be meeting with the hematologist. That night was started on a blood thinner called Lovenox. After that things got crazy. They almost sent me home that weekend without even seeing a hematologist or even seeing if my levels were where they should be. We knew this wasn't right and fought it. We saw the hematologist and he wanted me to see a vascular surgeon. They wanted to perform surgery on me. It sounded like the risks were minimal so we decided to go ahead. Come Monday the day of the surgery one of the high risk OB's came in and said the surgery was off. There were more risks than we were informed about.
After this we decided to treat it with just the Lovenox and hope things would get better. Before they released me from the hospital they made sure I was on a therapeutic dose of the blood thinner - Lovenox. I was scared to go home. So many "what ifs" running through my mind.
I ended up spending 6 days in the hospital.



0 comments:
Post a Comment