I have been on bed rest for three and a half weeks.
I went in for my routine ultrasound at 21 weeks. Everything looks fine with the baby but my cervix was extremely thin. It only measuring 7 mm. So you have a better idea what that means. A normal cervix is usually about 40 mm.
The OB I saw that day sent me straight to the high-risk hospital. I was so scared and had no idea what this meant. I was checked and examined and had another ultrasound at the high-risk hospital. They confirmed that my cervix is extremely short. The doctors at the hospital told me that they had no idea what the outcome would be. I could go into labor today tomorrow or maybe a few weeks from now. That is really scary news for someone who is only 21 weeks along where the baby has no chance of survival.
So I went home and had to wait it out. A miracle happened and I made it to 23 weeks. At 23 weeks I was able to get steroid shots to strengthen the babies lungs.
Now here I am at 24 1/2 weeks and I am still pregnant. I am so grateful for each and every day that our baby is able to grow. It truly is a miracle! I hope he continues to grow as long as he can.



0 comments:
Post a Comment