Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yesterday was my birthday! I am now 26 years old. The funny part is that I may be 26, but I look 12 and feel like I'm at least 50 (due to my health issues).

Nate took Friday off of work to celebrate my Birthday. Since we knew we'd be out most of the day on Friday, Nate gave me my Birthday presents on Thursday. I got me a stereo & a Rachael Ray cookbook. Both of which I really wanted!

On Friday, Nate & I had egg McMuffins for breakfast. Yum, my favorite! Then Remington gave me his Birthday gift which was spilling tea tree oil all over the house. lol! I was pretty upset, but he got most of it on himself. We cleaned up Rem & then headed down to AF for my annual check up. I have to say I have the best OB ever. We talked about me getting pregnant again & he made me feel less afraid of having another baby. I'm still not sure when that will be since I know I'm still not feeling ready. I'm not sure if its just fear or not the right time. Right now though, I'm really enjoying feeling semi-healthy despite my thyroid problems.

After my appointment, we went to Cafe Rio (I love that place). Then we dropped Rem at my Grandparents house so we could go on a date. We went to the movies & saw Wall-E which was a super cute movie. After that we window shopped a bit & just enjoyed some time without Remington. It really was a fun day!

This isn't about my birthday, but today after Rem woke up from his nap he had something sharp stuck in his pj's. I thought it was a staple or something cause it pricked my finger. I had Nate help to try to get it out when we realized it was a FISHING HOOK! Yikes! Luckily, it only stuck in his pj's & diaper so it didn't get Rem at all. I just imagine how bad it could of been. Rem was really lucky!

8 comments:

Katy said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!

I can't believe Remmington had a fish hook in his jammies!! I'm glad he didn't get hurt. Oh, and I'm right there with you, I don't know when I'm going to have another kid...I definitely need to talk myself into it.

Heidi said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day. Why punish yourself on your b-day and go to the DR? Wow. That's the last place I would want to spend my b-day. LOL. Love you!

whitney said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad things went well at your dr! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun just chillin' together (funny how fabulous that is post-baby). That's really scary about the fish hook? How in heaven's name did that get there?!?

Adi said...

That's scary about the fish hook. Thank Heaven for little daily miracles. ^_^

As for going to the Doctor on your birthday... you're a better woman that me. I would never have done it. ^_^

Meagan said...

Happy belated birthday. Mmmm... Cafe Rio sounds so good right now! And, a night without the kiddo sounds nice, too.

That is so scary about the fish hook! I hate when things like that happen. Olivia ate a leaf a few weeks ago, but it got stuck on the roof of her mouth. I found it about 2 hours later! What if she had choked? I'm glad he didn't get poked!

Julia said...

About the play kitchen, it's not too girly at all! If I remember right, I think Janel has one for her Nate. You can find ones that have grills and stuff like that. I think as long as you don't get an all pink kitchen, you're totally fine. :)

Carrie said...

Happy late birthday Jenni! I've heard so much about cafe rio, and we don't have any of those around here. I'd love to try it.

And, yikes about the fish hook!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I had NO IDEA!